1 a circular horizontal platform that rotates a phonograph record while it is being played
2 a revolving tray placed on a dining table [syn: lazy Susan]
3 a rotatable platform with a track; used to turn locomotives and cars
- A constant speed, motor driven phonograph/gramophone.
- Turntable (rail), a device used at some railroad facilities to turn locomotives or other rolling stock around, or onto one of several radially arranged rail tracks (a rotary transfer table)
- Turntable (motor vehicle), a motorized or manual device, usually installed in a driveway or on a garage floor, that rotates a motor vehicle to facilate an easier or safer egress of the vehicle
- Turntable (display), a motorized turntable used for displaying items
- A potter's wheel or pottery wheel, used for shaping spinning clay to produce circular pottery
- A Lazy Susan, a rotating tray used on a large tabletop so that items can reached from any sitting position
- A turntable hit is a hit vinyl single which is commonly more successful in the airplay charts than in sales.
- Turntable (song), a TLC song from their album 3D.
turntable in Czech: Točna
turntable in Persian: سینی دوار
turntable in Japanese: ターンテーブル
Gramophone, PA, PA system, Victrola, audio sound system, audiophile, binaural system, bitch box, bullhorn, cartridge, ceramic pickup, changer, crystal pickup, derived four-channel system, discrete four-channel system, four-channel stereo system, hi-fi, hi-fi fan, high-fidelity, intercom, intercommunication system, jukebox, magnetic pickup, monaural system, mono, needle, nickelodeon, phonograph, photoelectric pickup, pickup, public-address system, quadraphonic sound system, radio-phonograph combination, record changer, record player, sound reproduction system, sound truck, squawk box, stereo, stylus, system, tape deck, tape recorder, tone arm, transcription turntable